Monday, October 02, 2006

The Power of Choice

How will you choose today?

Will it be...

WAR OR PEACE
HATE OR UNDERSTANDING
LIES OR TRUTH
CONFUSION OR CLARITY
RIDICULE OR PATIENCE
IRREVERENCE OR DEVOTION
ENVY OR GRATITUDE
SELF-PITY OR SELF-RELIANCE
INSANITY OR AWAKENING
TAKING OR GIVING
THE FIX OR THE WORK
MANIPULATION OR VULNERABILITY
ISOLATION OR COMMUNITY
COMPLANING OR LISTENING
JUDGEMENT OR ACCEPTANCE
ANGER OR WISDOM
VIOLENCE OR CIVILITY
SELFISHNESS OR SELFLESSNESS
JEALOUSY OR CONTENTMENT
NEED OR HAVE
IGNORE OR EXPLORE
LETHARGY OR ENERGY
REGRET OR ACTION
SELF-DOUBT OR SELF APPROVAL
SORROW OR HOPE
DESPAIR OR SERENITY
GUILT OR GROWTH
DRUG & ALCOHOL OR POWER & COURAGE
BLAME OR FORGIVENESS
WANT OR SHARE
SADDNESS OR JOY
DARKNESS OR LIGHT
EMPTINESS OR SOULFULNESS
ARROGANCE OR EMPATHY
IMPATIENCE OR DISCIPLINE
LAZINESS OR PERSVERENCE
TEMPTATION OR CONSCIOUSNESS
FEAR OR LOVE

You choose your emotions and reactions to everything going on around you. Some days will be easier than others, but at any given moment you get to choose how to effect your life and all the people in your life. How will you choose?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A monk once told me almost that very same thing. It changed my life. I was no longer an angry person after that.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted your beautiful rant from chat last night I was wishing that I could copy as it was being typed. If I take it as a test I am still the same as last night (~79%). The self pity thing is a bit disabling for me and is like a domino on a couple of the other ones. I'm going to decide and commit to becoming a 100% success in emotional health and joy! I don't care how long it takes (although an instant would be nice). Thank you Tony.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony,

You know, Einstein once said that a butterfly is not a mole; but that is not something any butterfly should regret. What did he mean? Well, I'll take my best shot and say be yourself! People must accept themselves for what they really are first and foremost before venturing out and making any meaningful decisions on how to positively affect their lives.
I personally believe that many of us earthlings out there are suffering from big-time identity crises. I wanna be this guy--I wish I were her, etc... My answer to them: Try to lay that foundation of fearless spiritual and self-belief first and then build your house of choice on top. It should sell for seven figures, guaranteed!

Anonymous said...

If you've ever read Dr. Wayne Dyer's The Power of Intention he says something you need has a way of manifesting itself just when you need it.....I was just contemplating a situation in which the positive outcome will require a choice -- and a change -- and this list just made it really simple (lightbulb moment!). Sometimes we just overthink stuff, when the choice is simple and right in front of us. Thanks Tony! This list is going on my fridge and on my desk at work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Capski!

I will put the list on my fridge as well.

"When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change."

Asesome stuff!

psyknife said...

This reminds me of a book I read that was all about how our viewpoints really make our lives good or bad. Since then I've done my best to adopt a loving, forgiving, and sun shiney (made up a word there) attitude! Sure, I still have my downtimes, but I don't let them last long.
It is this choice I made that has helped me through hard emotional times lately... I've come to peace with everything and I feel very alive! Sometimes I get embarrassed when I slip... but as long as I rebound back to positive then it all works out.

Thanks Tony!