Monday, July 18, 2005

The Time Is Now!

May a new Renaissance begin.

I honestly believe that we have an opportunity to be born again through exercise, fitness & healthy eating. Not born again in a religious sort of way but in a brand new perspective kind of way. Lets face it, when you're eating fast food and getting winded going up a flight of stairs, how can you be part of a new Renaissance? You can't. You're too tired and self-conscious. A Renaissance requires clarity, enthusiasm, vision and purpose. To change the world you must first change yourself. To be part of a New Renaissance you'll need physical, emotional and mental balance.

The original Renaissance starting in Italy and moving through Europe between the 14th and 17th century saw an explosion of art, literature, science, and architecture. It was a time in our world history when people were searching, creating, exploring, experimenting and producing incredible things. If we want to be part of the New Renaissance we need to see the big picture. The big picture involves making health and fitness a priority NOW! If you feel miserable, tired and self-conscious how can you possibly be the amazing person that awaits you? Being healthy is the first step...the foundation for who you can be in this world.

Our good friend Tony Barca was overweight, contributing to his heart attack. His wife Dawn was out of shape and also overweight. They were neck deep in health problems. They did Power90 and got healthy. Tony is now a certified fitness trainer and Dawn is a certified Holistic Health Counselor. That's what I call a re-birth! A dramatic & dynamic 180 degree switch form who they were. They are part of a New Renaissance. They now take the onus off themselves and but the focus on helping other people feel better. When we feel better we can do more. When we do more we meet more people. We become part of something that is bigger than all of us. We are given the power to explore, search, create and produce.

The Time Is Now to Start A New Renaissance.

Main Entry: re·nais·sance
Pronunciation: "re-n&-'sän(t)s
Etymology: French, from Middle French, rebirth, from renaistre to be born again, from Latin renasci, from re- + nasci to be born —more at NATION
Date: 1845
1 : REBIRTH, REVIVAL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Machiavelli, Gutenberg, DaVinci, and the Barcas...
okay, I'll buy it!!

Anonymous said...

I bow to you my friend .. without you and Beachbody there would have been no renaissance....
I am healthier and more fit than I have ever been in my life..

My rebirth now focuses on helping others attain thier own goals. After 26 years in the healthcare field I finally feel that can impact peoples lives for the better. It's a great feeling watching someone change in front of your eyes and knowing you had a lot to do with that change..

Thanks again for your support and for supplying me with the tools to save my own life and hopefully change so many more..

Peace -Power and Health to you My Brother..
Tony Barca

6:23 PM

Anne Dovel said...

I became a certified Red Cross swimming instructor this summer...and this fall I'll be taking my archery coach certification. These are things I could have done before. But, I lacked the confidence before that I've gained from working out and ultimately feeling better about myself. It's happening in all areas of my life. That excites me!

P90x Workout Program said...

As someone who has grown incredibly because of the Barca's new focus on helping others achieve health and well-being, as well as huge inspiration from you, Tony, I just wanted to thank you for your words about my favourite Renaissance couple. The level of care that they continue to dole out to us NY campers, among withso many others, is really unbelievable. What role models for the rest of us.