Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Job vs Career

As a health and fitness trainer with BeachBody I understand my rudimentary roll. I motivate, inspire and inform people how to get in shape and stay that way. I've been in the fitness business for over 25 years and I've learned what works and what doesn't. Turns out that hard work, determination and commitment to a 5 to 6 day a week plan gets it done. Winging it and cutting corners does not. What a shock! Turns out there are more than a few ways to live your life and make a buck as well. You've got the arduous and exhausting work-for-the-man method, or the do-it-my-way course of action. Far too many people in this country have no idea how incredible life can be when they decide to live outside of the standard 9 to 5 box. We've been programed from an early age to get the job working for someone else, so we can toil away for them, with the reward being some food, shelter and credit card debt. Sound familiar? When you have a job that you don't love everything else in life feels like a job too. When your job stinks it's hard to get motivated to exercise and eat right. This is one reason why so many people in this country are overweight, out of shape and unhappy. When your minimal-pay job stinks (with no raise in sight) and the price of gas, groceries and everything else is going through the roof, working-out is at the bottom of the list. We all know that healthy food and regular exercise makes for a better you but when work is beating you up it's pretty tough to do the right thing most days.

A career on the other hand changes everything. When you decide to break free of the same old same old, you become the boss. You decide to set the schedule. You make the rules. You're the master of your domain. The bigger you think, the more it will grow, and the more freedom you'll have. This is fact. Your output dictates your income. Anyone can have this life, if they're willing to do the work. People with careers are happy and fired up because they manifest their own destinies. They can't wait to wake up and get busy because they know the sky is the limit. If you commit to building your own business the rewards are endless. Like I said earlier, my job is to be the fitness guy, not to be the Team BeachBody business promoter. But when I see so many people go from lame, low income jobs to life altering careers with this amazing opportunity, I can't be silent. In Lincoln, Dallas, Vegas, Atlanta, Boise & Beyond people are fusing Fitness with Financial Freedom. I coined that one. Pretty good, right? The truth is, it's more than a phrase, it's the truth. I've seen it over and over again. Unhappy overweight, out-of-shape people with lousy jobs, losing weight, getting into shape, building their businesses and creating the freedom to live the lives they've always wanted. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, and I've seen it happen to thousands of people time and time again.

Most of us would be lucky just to get a few opportunities in life to make it better. I'm asking you not to ignore this one. If you're unhappy with your job and find yourself struggling with your health and fitness then it might be time to open your eyes to the Team BeachBody Revolution. If you hate exercise, love fast food and have a hard time talking to people then this business career opportunity isn't for you. But if you like the idea of being fit & healthy combined with having a life that provides financial freedom (in these very scary economic times) then step up to the plate and swing for the fence. Life is too short to sit back and let everyone else have all the fun. We get to choose whether we want to continue to struggle in this world or take control of our own world. So what will it be for you? Quitting your lame job cold-turkey with the hope that you can replace your income immediately isn't wise either, but open the door to a real career, ask tons of questions and have faith in the successful coaches who came before you.

19 comments:

Ed said...

Unbelievable timing on this post. I've been considering a drastic change in myself and my career for a while now. I'm a P90X, P90X+, and P90 Masters veteran and am currently mixing and matching these programs. How can someone access the careers in Beachbody?

Jenny said...

what a very inspring post tony! i became a beachbody coach last month and im loving this new found oppurtunity to be successful!

*hugs*
Jenny

p.s. im on day 26 of p90x and this program is amazing! im already down 2 belt notches!

CT Olson said...

Great point - the company has been recognized as one of the 100 fastest growing as Carl has pointed out. I would just advise you to not wait if you're interested. Things are growing for Beachbody and to me, considering the need for preventative health out there, it's a huge opportunity!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony,

I can really relate to this great blog of IMI, my good buddy! Getting up every morning with a sense of purpose and commitment to something you can believe in is paramount to any kind of success in this life. In order to properly work out the body, we must be of sound mind. Being in a state of professional, mental and spiritual misery is certainly not conducive to pressing play, I can attest to that!

And yes, I'd love to get my sorry a$$ out of the NYC rat race sooner than later. Currently, I'm looking into various opportunities, including the BB Revolution, which is truly a unique career avenue to financial fulfillment. Been talkin' to my good paisano buddy over there in Jersey, Big Joe. He's got a great crew and has already touched many lives for the better. These are good people and working with them would be a pleasure, I'm sure. Anyway, thanks a million for being there for all of us.

Dude, please keep pumping out those One on One workouts. Awesome! I'm really digging it, and can't wait for the next one.

Nick

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother!

I am quitting my job more and more every day!

THX for continuing to inspire!

-Jason (PuckHead)

Unknown said...

How does one get involved in the BB Revolution??? I am a workout fanatic and recently got certified to teach TK. I would love to make fitness my career someday and quit the rat race! Where do we get more info on this??

---------------------------------
http://moderncorporategirl.blogspot.com/

Kevin J. Kane MD, The Fit Doc said...

Thanks Tony.

I'm assuming that everyone here- by virtue of reading Tony's blog- has a good amount of discipline and desire to make your life better. If you didn't have both, you would not be doing Power90, "the X", or Ten-minute trainer. You are in the midst of great things for yourself physically.

Coaching is a way to improve upon your motivation and results by setting yourself to a higher standard. You become a role model, helping others stay motivated. The magic thing that happens is that your personal motivation when you coach goes through the roof. You will want to be a good example for the people you coach, so you do what it takes to be that example. Your results skyrocket as you help others. Magic.

Anyone considering coaching with Team Beachbody- go for it! You never know what can happen, who you can meet, which doors will open, and how your life can change unless you try. The only thing for sure is that your life will not change sitting there on the couch. Jump in ((Cannonball!!)).

Anonymous said...

Missalexa and Ed:

You can become an independent Beachbody coach by going to the milliondollarbody page and clicking on "Be a Coach". In that page there is tons of information on how to start up. You can either let the company assign you to a coach or you can request a specific one. If you already have a coach you will be signed up under them. If not, I'd be more than happy to be your coach and help you get started. My coach name is SamA which is at milliondollarbody.com/sama you can email me any questions from there.

The coaching community is a very supportive one so whoever you end up having as a coach you'll be in supportive hands. Good luck!!! This is an amazing business opportunity!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great time to read this post :) I just went to a Beach body convention in KC last weekend and when I got home I signed up to be a coach well today one week later I am at emerald with 10 customers. WOW this is great fun.

www.ourfitnesshjourney.com

Audrey said...

Tony,
Thanks for the great workout this past weekend in Vegas. I thrive on your straight forward no bs approach to what needs to be done. I passed your message along to my coaching team and customers. They too appreciate your message.
In health,
Audrey Nichelson

Anonymous said...

not sure if he understands the differnece between a job and a career regardless of the personal satisfaction and balance of a healthy lifestyle. If you are a fitness instructor...you have a job. Someone who teaches three group fitness classes a week and refers to this as their "career" always cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

wow...tony i just wanted to say that i thought this was really helpful...i'm doing a speech on careers vs jobs and i came across this page from another site. From the beginning this caught my attention and i just kept reading...you a good point.

thanks alot

Anonymous said...

nice blog bro...seem we have same topic here..what about link exchange..just shout me...

jobzinfo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

nice blog bro...seem we have same topic here..what about link exchange..just shout me...

jobzinfo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://qajupavoro.s-enterprize.com/asixevu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://epobemotob.freecities.com/xuwypyw.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Brad said...

I could not agree more.

It was fun hanging out with you in Hawaii at the Top Coach trip. See you at Summit.

kamagra said...

You are speaking the truth my friend, I think everybody wants to be their own boss, but unfortunately not all of us can have this opportunity.


sv77

Study in UK said...

Thats an interesting post. It was worth visiting your blog and I have bookmarked your blog. Hope to visit again.